We at Bloomex sometimes get inquiries about roses showing up not looking 100% ready for presentation. It's really just a matter of following these easy, step-by-step instructions -- do so and they'll be perfect in no time.
From the Bloomex website:
All our long stem roses come from Ecuador and Colombia.
Your roses are thirsty and need to drink water for at least 6 hours to perk up. Please follow instructions below and your roses will bloom over the next few days.
1) Remove the outside guard petals. These rugged outer petals were left on to protect your roses during shipment.
2) Cut 2-3 cm off the stems and remove leaves and thorns that fall below the water line.
3) Fill vase with cold water and add 1 packet of flower food.
4) Re-cut stems, change water and add second packet of flower food on day 4.
5) For the longest life, keep your roses away from direct sunlight and heat.
Pretty simple stuff, huh? Don't forget to remove those guard petals, and the rest should perk up from there.
With that in mind, check out some beautiful roses here, with bouquets starting at $19.99 from Bloomex, your trusted Canadian florist.