|Classic Yellow & White Daisy Bouquet|
- Daisies are traditionally used to convey a sense of innocence, or sometimes, a child-like sense of purity.
- Daisies close up in the dark (at night) and open in the morning; it's thought that the flower received its name as a shortening of "Day's Eye" in reference to this. And because of it's resemblance to an eye, it was thought to be an effective eye treatment.
- The oldest record of daisies are thought to be from stone carvings from Ancient Egypt, around 3000 BC.
- It's likely that the earliest Daisies evolved about 50-60 million years back.
- It was used for medicinal purposes by the Egyptians, as well as throughout the middle ages in England. King Henry VIII was a fan of eating them, as they were thought to cure stomach pain.