Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bloomex Thanksgiving Contest WINNERS


The winning entries have been selected! This year Bloomex announced that it would host a Thanksgiving contest open to all residents of Canada (click to read more about the contest). 

Entrants were encouraged to write a short note to the company to share what they are thankful for this year. Two winners were to be selected, with each winning a $50 gift card from Bloomex!

Although Bloomex received several interesting and enjoyable entries, the panel had to narrow it down to just two winners. A big thank you is expressed to all those who entered. We look forward to reading more entries next year. And stay tuned for our next fun contest!

Here are the two winning entries. It's always good to take a moment and reflect on the things we appreciate in our lives, and these ladies proved they are good at doing just that. Many thanks to both Sylvia and Jessica. We hope you enjoy your gift cards from Bloomex! 

Winning Entry from Sylvia G., of Mississauga, Ontario: 

I am thankful for all the companies that offer contests for us consumers to win. They help simple people like us experience stuff we would not get to do otherwise. One year I was fortunate enough to win a 1 year supply of Nestle Chocolate Bars. That year my kids were extremely popular at school, as we gave away chocolate bars by the handful. Then there was the time we won a trip for 4 to see the Polar Bears in Churchill, MB. It was a trip of a lifetime, with memories to last forever. Who cannot be thankful for all the bounty in Canada and the wonderful people one meets when out and about.  I am thankful for the fact that I am able to speak to someone from Russia, Germany, France, Israel, Asia, Australia and Africa, just by walking out my front door and going to the mall. It is as if there is a mini world right here. I am thankful for Google that allows me to search for anything and everything and I am thankful for You Tube that helps keep me entertained even as I work on my computer.  I am thankful for big business and small, all of which are always bringing new products to the market that help make my life convenient. I could go on forever about how appreciative I am to be living at this moment in time when technology has improved our lives considerably, when flicking a switch or touching a button or screen brings you entertainment from around the globe. I am thankful for life itself!!!

Winning Entry from Jessica W. :

As I'm sure many will say, I am thankful for my family. I have been so blessed to have the most amazing, caring and over-the-top parents. Growing up I spent a lot of time in hospital and my parents were there with me every single day, my mother even slept on a tiny couch at my bedside for nearly 6 weeks. Imagine not sleeping in your own bed for 6 weeks? While living off hospital food... she's a keeper!
Aside from the hard times my parents have been mine and my sister's number 1 fans, they devoted their evenings and weekends to our endless hockey games, tournaments and practices, no matter what the weather.
They have supported both my sister and me through everything, including my 6 years of post secondary schooling (and still going). No matter what, my parents have always been there and have always had our backs, they've been there to lift us up at the worst of moments but they have also been there for the happiest of times.

Now as we are about to enter a new chapter in our lives as a family...my sister is pregnant and due in January with the first grandchild! I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me and my amazing family. They truly mean the world to me and because of them I have been able to overcome so much. I owe so much to them, more than they will ever know.I could easily write a novel about all the amazing things my parents do and why I am ever grateful for them. They are my rock.

With that, again, I am thankful for my family who can make light of any situation and who have helped shape the person I am today and the person I hope to be.








No comments: